Sunday, March 5, 2017

WINTER BOOK-IT (part 2)

 Here is another slew of books I read around the holidays.
The Bookshop on the Corner: For some reason I thought this book had a Christmas theme, but it doesn't. Not that it matters, but it threw me off a bit reading it. It tells the story of Nina whose librarian job becomes obsolete and she realizes her dream of owning a bookmobile. 3 stars

Miracle on 5th Avenue: This was a perfect Christmas read. The author even liked my instgram picture I posted. Such a cute story!  4.5 stars

Sorry Not Sorry: I HATED this book. I only read it because I had watched Glee. There were hardly any Glee stories in the book which was highly disappointing. Also Naya put relationship advice in her book and she just recently announced her divorce, so yeah. 1 stars

The Sun is Also A Star: Isn't it a cool cover? This book had a ton of hype, but I liked this author's other book (Everything, Everything) better.  3 stars

Punk 57: I read Bully and wanted to read another book by this author. I didn't love it as much as Bully, but still enjoyed it.  Two kids are pen pals for years when one of them finally realizes who they have been writing to all this time. This is definitely an angsty, romance book. 3 stars

The Girl on the Train: This book put me on the edge of my seat. I really want to see the movie now!  3.5 stars

Twelve Days of Christmas: This was a sweet feel-good Christmas romance. Julia loves life and has a grumpy next door neighbor. She decides to kill with him kindness and document it in her blog. Julia is a kind, outgoing person, and goes out of her way to help others. Cain is a grumpy man who just wants to be left alone. When the two meet, they clash. With the suggestion of a friend, Julia decides to kill Cain with kindness, as part of a twelve day challenge.SI I highly recommend for the holidays!  4 stars

Love and Gelato: Cute YA book that makes me want to go to Tuscanysweet, feel-good Christmas romancescandys.3 stars

Love, Rosie: They are friends, but the timing never works out for them to be together. The book follows them for YEARS. I then rented the movie from library. This is one of the rare instances that I like the movie better than the book.  3.5 stars

What have you been reading?!

0 comments:

Post a Comment