Sunday, March 19, 2017

WINTER BOOK-IT (part 3)

 Here are the books I have read in the past month. 
All In Pieces: Very YA and on the boring side. 1 star

The Unexpected Everything: This one has been on my TBR list for awhile. I have seen so many others read it and enjoyed it, but I just couldn't get into it. It didn't help it was SUPER LONG. 1 star

The Fill-In Boyfriend: Probably my least favorite Kasie West book.  2 stars

Summer of Supernovas: Did not like very much and wasn't into the whole zodiac thing.  1 star

How to date a Douchebag:  I decided to read it after it made Maryse's List. It's your average "jock falls in love with the nerdy girl" book which are usually a fun read.  4 stars

The Score: Did not like it as much as the first 2 Off-Campus books in the series. (And I LOVED the The Deal) Maybe it didn't help that I had this book on hold for over 6 months before I finally got to read it. Not sure if I will read the 4th book. I heard it wasn't that great.  3 stars

The Wall of Winnipeg and Me: Also on Maryse's Top 2016 Books and I thought it was such a good slow burn sports romance.  It is a pretty long book, but don't let that scare you.  5 stars

Small Admissions: This one was our book club book for January. I probably wouldn't have read it on my own, but I actually enjoyed it.  Kate gets dumped and has no job and no place to live. Her sister Angela gets her a job in the admission office of a fancy school in NY. Emails, texts, and recorded phone conversations are part of the book.  My favorite character was Angela's husband.  4 stars

Commonwealth: This one was also on my hold list for quite awhile. It's been all over the book world to read. The husband of one family has an affair with the wife of another.  They divorce, marry each other, and their families become intertwined over the next 5 decades. It's a little slow at times, and sad, but also hopeful (if that makes sense).  4 stars

0 comments:

Post a Comment