Monday, July 10, 2017

Odds and Ends

Happy Monday! How is it almost the middle of July already?!?! Here is a roundup of happenings this last month.

Have you tried the S'mores Frappuccino yet? We walked over to Starbucks one day during work and I decided to try it. I was pleasantly surprised.
Jeff & I stopped by a fast food spot that just opened in Middleton called Cafe Zupas.  Looking at their website, this is their only location in Wisconsin.
We both did the 'Try 2 Combo.' Even Jeff liked it and he is pretty picky.  We will definitely go back. I would say it is most similar to Panera Bread (but fresher if that makes sense). Oh and you also get a chocolate covered strawberry with your food!

We had make your own strawberry shortcakes at work. Notice we had to get both whip cream and cool whip since there was a debate going on which is better.
I'm always on the hunt for a GREAT mascara. Here are the ones I have used recently. I just bought the Tarte Lights, Camera, Flashes and honestly I'm not that impressed. For me, it looks clumpy & takes a long time to remove the mascara. I have heard good things about this one and even the Ulta employe recommeneded it, but I was really disappointed. I definitely won't purchase it again and I wish they had a trial-size or sample I could have purchased to test it out before committed to a >$20 mascara purchase.   Out of the below, IT Superhero has been my favorite.
We always make smoothies around the NBA Finals. I don't know why, but that has been our tradition the last few years. Jeff is the BEST smoothie maker and he even makes it in just the Magic Bullet.
Over the 4th of July weekend, my parents came over and we had lunch. Mom made my favorite Chinese salad.

 We bought a patio umbrella this summer. Trying to have Valley Ho vibes on our deck. 

Lately, I have been craving real Smore's. Maybe it was that Frappuccino from Starbucks?! Anyway, we don't have a fire pit and didn't want to deal with the grill, so we just made them in the oven and they actually turned out pretty well. 
 Hope you have a great week ahead!

0 comments:

Post a Comment