Sunday, April 23, 2017

Odds & Ends

Happy Sunday! All the windows are open in our house and the it is starting to feel like spring! 
Here is a smorgasbord of life lately in pictures.

I went to the Anthropology Fashion Show a few weeks back. I heard it about it through Hip Foodie Mom snapchat. I follow her instragram too because it is fun to watch all her food creations (and she is from Madison!)
They had these oh-so-pretty treats after the show.  They were from Bloom Bake Shop and I think I need to remember these sweets the next time we need breakfast at work.

I tried this new recipe for dinner and it was a success! (It doesn't quite look the picture, but still tasted just as good).
We had a work breakfast at the Old Fashioned. I didn't even know they served breakfast, but we walked across the square to have an end of month breakfast instead of lunch. It was nice to change things up a bit. The pancakes were delicious and man that coffee really was strong!
My friend Lindsey came up to Madison and we went to Cheesecake Factory to celebrate her birthday.  She doesn't like cheesecake so we ordered some brownie/hot fudge/ice cream deliciousness and I had to take a picture of how HUGE the dessert was.
My co-worker and I stopped at the Community Culture Event at the Madison Public Library and got to listen to the founder of YumButter speak. It was very informative and now I want to try some nut butter.
Now that Easter is over, I can go back to my Chipotle Fridays. I have been looking for some good Fish Frys in March & April and really liked Cafe Hollander's & you can't beat the price. Jeff & I want to go back when its nice outside and sit at their outdoor patio.
 Nicer weather calls for Jeff to start his lawn maintenance regimen. I'm impressed how much he works to keep our lawn looking so nice. It is only our 3rd summer with grass, so it still isn't perfect, but each year it comes back better and better.
Starbucks is soooo smart. They make a terrible drink, but it doesn't matter because everyone will still buy it (including me). At least I got a good photo op out of it!
We celebrated my boss's birthday and did a tail-gating themed. We even set up the bean bag game toss.
Yesterday we went to the Outlets in the Wisconsin Dells. Can you believe that I have never been there ever?! I forget that the Dells are less than an hour from our house.
We got there around 10 in the morning and took a lunch break and drove to Monk's downtown (not the one next to Kalahari). I love a good bar burger and this one did not disappoint! After lunch, we went back to the outlet for round 2. Both Jeff & I scored some deals.
Hope everyone has a great week ahead!

0 comments:

Post a Comment