Monday, January 18, 2016

Books Lately

I know it has been awhile since my last book report. Here is a look at all the books I have read recently. 

All of these books above I had rated 4 stars on Goodreads (except Astonish Me which I gave 3 stars). Does anyone else wish you could give half stars on Goodreads?!?! I feel there should be some wiggle room, because some of the above books are really 3.5 stars and some are even 4.5 stars in my opinion)


 The Perfect Letter : This book is actually the first book written by Chris Harrison (the host of the Bachelor).  I really enjoyed this book and was surprised how much I liked it.  I would definitely read another book by him. 


The Nanny Diaries : This was an easy, fun read. I have The Nanny Returns on hold at the library so I can read the sequel.  I had no clue there was a movie based on the book starring Scarlett Johansson. 

Maybe in Another Life : This was an interesting read. It is about a girl who moves back to her hometown and runs into her ex-boyfriend at a bar. The rest of the story is told in alternating chapters that shows two possible scenarios with very different results.

Eight Hundred Grapes : I think they are making this book into a movie.  This book is set in Sonoma where the main character comes home to her family vineyard when she discovers a secret about her fiancé just a week before their wedding. She is trying to hold her world together just as it's starting to fall apart. You even get a learn about winemaking as your read!

Astonish Me : I heard about this book from theSkimm- "Center Stage" meets the last season of "Sex and the City," plus your childhood dreams. A ballerina has an affair with the best male dancer in Europe. Years later, her kid becomes a dance prodigy...and you become so into the book that you don't know what time it is.I thought it was just okay and it wasn't worth the hype.

The Day We Met : This book was very deep and good, but it has a sad undertone throughout the whole book.

Read Bottom Up : You can finish this book in one sitting. It's such a fun & quick read, written completely in e-mals and text messages between the two authors as the main characters. 

The Storied Life of AJ FikryI heard about this book, but had no idea what is was about. I have seen so many blogs raving about this book, but I thought it was more of a sad, quirky read. 

Who do you Love : This book is by the author of In Her Shoes ( I love that movie). It is about a boy and girl who meet in a hospital emergency room at age 8. They end up meeting each other again at age 16. The story follows their lives till they are in their 40s. I enjoyed it!


I read Winter Street and Winter Stroll during the holidays. It is a perfect read for Christmas time. I hope there is a 3rd book, so I can read it for next Christmas. 

Now I saved the best for last. I gave this book 5 stars on Goodreads and instagrammed about it, so you know I must have thought it was good.

November 9
Two strangers meet on November 9 for a few hours that become a yearly promise to meet up each year on that day for five years.  It was so beautiful and uniquely written, you are instantly hooked from the very first chapter. 
I started this book Friday night and I stayed up till 2 a.m to finish it. I just couldn't put it down.

What are you currently reading?

1 comment:

  1. Yay for reading! :)

    I've read The Nanny Diaries, Maybe In Another Life, and Read Bottom Up.

    Eight Hundred Grapes is on my TBR list.

    Amy @ http://befilledwithj0y.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete