Monday, July 3, 2017

SPRING BOOK-IT Part 2

Here are more books I have read the last few months. 
Mister O: This romantic comedy was a fun read. Also it was told from the man's POV so that was refreshing. 3 stars

Shug: This book was more geared toward junior high than YA. Perfect for a 12 year old.  2 stars

Alex, Approximately: This is a good summer teen novel if you are in the mood for that. I saw somewhere it described as the YA version of 'You Got Mail.'  Bailey is always chatting with a boy, Alex, online about classic movies. She ends up moving to the same city as him and also ends up getting a job at the same museum as Alex.   3 stars

My (not so) Perfect LifeThis was an easy and fluffy read. It makes you think about social media in real life. 3.5 stars

The Arrangement: I was pleasantly surprised by this book.  I liked it a lot more than I thought I would.  4 stars

Falling:  This book follows the story of Emma who moves to the suburbs after quitting her NYC job and meets Dominic, her landlord and father of a 6 year old named Jesse.  I mostly enjoyed it, but then boom that ending... was not expecting that at all. Falling follows the story of Emma, a retired NYC banker that moves to the suburbs to rest and also follow her dreams, there she meets Dominic, her landlord and the father or an adorable 6 year old named Jesse3.5 stars

My Kind of Crazy: This story is about a high-school boy who accidentally sets fire while trying to ask a girl to prom. The girl across the street saw everything and they become friends. 3 stars

Letters to the Lost: This was one of the better YA's I read recently. Juliet lost her mother suddenly and leaves letters to her at her grave. Declan is ordered by the court to do community service, which he chooses to do at the same cemetery.  He finds her letters and decides to write back. 4 stars

Unteachable: I thought it would be like Slammed since it was a similar storyline, but I never could get into it. I almost DNF, but I did power through it.  1 star

I think I am pretty late reading this series. I have seen it everywhere and finally got around to it. Tragic past & insta love = New Adult
Falling follows the story of Emma, a retired NYC banker that moves to the suburbs to rest and also follow her dreams, there she meets Dominic, her landlord and the father or an adorable 6 year old named Jesse

I read these this triology the airplane of my flights. I really liked the first two books, but though the third was a little forced. If you like the 'To All the Boys I Loved' series, it gives you the same vibes. Perfect beach reads.

Part 1 here


0 comments:

Post a Comment