Tuesday, October 4, 2016

SUMMER BOOK-IT part 3

I know it is the beginning of October and I am finally finishing this post on the last of my summer reads.

EligibleModern day retelling of Pride & Prejudice, but I'm pretty sure that I've never read the original! I liked it. 3.75 stars

Since You've Been Gone: Cute YA book that I read on my flight home. 3.25 stars

Swear on This Life:  I heard a lot of good things about this book before it was released. Emiline's roommate tells her about a novel that she's reading about Emerson & Jackson that mirrors her own childhood with her first love.  She can't believe he wrote a book about her and needs to find him and confront him after all these years.  I thought it was an enjoyable read.  4 stars

It Ends with Us: I am a huge Colleen Hoover fan and I loved the cover of this book.  It was beautifully written and all parts of the book flowed together well. Definitely needed the epilogue to end the book. I want more Atlas! It wasn't my favorite Colleen Hoover book but still exceptional. 4.5 stars

Cherry: I first heard of this book on the Skimm and then my co-worker bought it and read it and let me borrow it on my trip to Arizona.  It reminded me of the the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants but much more adult rated! 4 stars

The Summer of Chasing Mermaids: I read this book on the flight to Arizona. It was boring. Skip. 2 stars

The Destiny of Violet & Luke: The companion book of the Callie & Kayden series. I didn't like this relationship nearly as much. I probably wouldn't have read it if it wasn't the next book in the series.  3 stars

The Resolutions of Callie & Kayden The perfect conclusion to the Callie & Kayden story. 3.75 stars

Wait For You: Another new adult series. Similar story line to others I have read. Just okay. 3.75 stars

0 comments:

Post a Comment